Ever wonder if the hard work you’ve done makes an impact? At 21st Century Democrats, you won’t. Our internship program gives you real-world experience while making a difference for progressive candidates around the country.
21st Century Democrats is seeking spring & summer interns to help both with the promotion of the weekly netcast featuring progressive commentators and to provide research and project support for candidate endorsements, the summer speaker series, and other events.
* Updating website with current news on candidates
* Compiling a directory of netcast guests
* Creating an archive of past shows
* Assessing the current audience
* Suggesting and implementing strategies for outreach and growth
* Promoting the netcast on Facebook and Twitter
* Researching potential candidates for endorsements
* Monitoring campaigns
* Publicizing Summer Speaker Series
* Assisting in various event planning
* Other projects and administrative tasks as needed
* Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Facebook and Twitter
* Strong verbal and writing skills
* Excellent organizational, project management and time-management skills
* Ability to carry out projects independently
* Strong interest in the political or communications fields
* Familiarity with netcasts and content creation
This is an unpaid internship located in our office at 2120 L Street NW, Washington, D.C. 21 st Century. Interns will receive a travel stipend of $50 a month on their SmarTrip card. We are happy to work with any college or university to provide class credit for an internship.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and one writing sample (1-2 pages in length) to email@example.com. Please also include your availability, specifying which days of the week you are available, and the hours for each day.
About 21st Century Democrats
Since 1985, the mission of 21st Century Democrats has revolved around training progressives and building a network of populist Democrats who stand up for America’s working families. We focus particular attention on Democratic leaders who can move up to higher office at every level and who represent the tradition of Democrats like Jim Hightower, Tom Harkin, Barbara Boxer, Raul Grijalva, John Lewis, Al Gore and Paul Wellstone. We support progressive Democratic leaders who will shape the direction of the Democratic Party and enact public policy that transforms this country to a just, fair and equal society for all.
OUR VISION AND VALUES
We are committed to leading the way toward a bold and progressive agenda that will improve the quality of life for all Americans. Our goal is to elect genuinely progressive Democrats who believe government has a positive role to play in our country and will fight to enact public policy that reflects the core values of equality, opportunity, compassion, justice and fairness that 21st Century Democrats believes in, stands up for, and works toward on a daily basis.